Fathers and sons, and men who like to go camping, join us for FBCO's 2018 Father and Son Campout. We provide the opportunity, you bring the gear. Look below for all of the details you'll need to know to help make this a memorable event. We're also partnering with the FBCO Worship Ministry's Worship Campfire, which is a church-wide event. So come on out and have some fun! Legal Notice: Due to liability concerns, all children under the age of 18 MUST be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian at the 2018 Father & Son Campout. Unfortunately, this means that your children will NOT be able to bring friends to the campout unless those friends are accompanied by a parent or guardian for the duration of the campout.
- To participate, please click the registration button above, choose the appropriate ticket option and fill out the form.
- 6-6:45pm – Arrive at the farthest east portion of the main parking lot (near the driveway that leads to the church ball field).
- You and your gear can be taken to the ball field to set up camp. All tents will be set up behind the scoreboard to avoid interfering with Upward Sports on Saturday morning.
- 7-9pm – Campfire worship with the FBCO’s Worship Ministry.
- After Worship – Food around the fire, devotion, fellowship/stories, free time until bed time.
- Morning Agenda: Clean up camp, eat breakfast (brought by you)/go to breakfast, head home.
- Cleanup will be completed between 8-9am, and campers will be expected to depart the campsite afterwards.
- We will have a porta-potty on site, with toilet paper, so no need to bring that.
- In the event of inclement weather, the event will be cancelled. Reschedule will be based on Worship Ministry availability.
- Please see below for a map of the event
What to Bring:
(FBCO is providing the opportunity for this event, but we ask that you supply almost everything else).
- Bring your own tent: If you do not have a tent, please contact Obie.email@example.com to reserve your spot. We have a limited number of tents, so it’s first come first serve – you might be required to share if you use our tents.
- Bedding and sleeping gear (we will have an electric pump to inflate air mattresses)
- Food: Bring whatever drinks (non-alcoholic) and food you want for supper and breakfast in your own cooler. FBCO will NOT be providing these things for this event. Suggestion: Some might go out for breakfast after cleaning up the camp sight.
- Plates and utensils will also NOT be provided. Please bring your own. We WILL have campfire skewers/roasting forks to cook food with.
- Other recommended items: Lawn Chairs, snacks, garbage bags, lanterns or flashlights (or both), hand sanitizer, cameras, bug spray, toiletries, extra clothes, clothes to sleep in, frisbee, football, games for in the tent (cards, board games, etc.), etc.