How Does a Person Become a Christian?
Understand your need for salvation
- All people have sinned (Romans 3:23).
- Sin is breaking God’s laws (I John 3:4).
- You are a sinner by nature (Psalm 51:5) and by choice (Isaiah 53:6a).
- Sin separates you from God (Isaiah 59:1-2).
- God must punish sin (Nahum 1:3; Romans 6:23a).
Realize God’s plan for salvation
- God wants to save you (2 Peter 3:9).
- You can only come to salvation through Jesus Christ (John 14:6).
~ “Good works" cannot save you (Ephesians 2:8-9).
~ Religion cannot save you.
- Jesus Christ died for your sins to pay your sin-debt (Romans 5:8).
- You must repent of your sin (Acts 3:19), surrender to Jesus’ Lordship (Romans 10:9,13), and trust Jesus to save you (John 1:12).
Follow these steps to salvation
“A” Admit you are a sinner who needs God’s forgiveness.
“B” Believe Jesus died for your sins and rose from the dead to offer you eternal life.
“C” Commit your life to Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior.
"D" Pray and ask Jesus to be your Savior. Pray something similar to this: "Dear Lord Jesus, I know I am a sinner. I know I have chosen to disobey you. But here and now I ask you to forgive me as I repent of my sins. I believe you died on the cross for my sins. I believe you rose from the dead for me. And I ask you to save me as I commit my life to you right now as my Lord and Savior. In Jesus name. Amen."