Have you been called to be a children's pastor or director? Do you desire to serve in a large, growing, suburban church? Are you willing to be the senior leader of a children's ministry that has thrived in the past and is poised for even greater days in the future? Are you ready and willing to lead children to be fully devoted followers of Jesus and their families to be the primarily disciplers of their children? If you answer yes to these questions the children's pastor position at First Baptist Church O'Fallon Illinois may be the place God is calling you to!
The Lord has grown First Baptist Church O'Fallon IL (FBCO) from an average weekend worship attendance of 500 to over 1600 during the past two decades under the leadership of Senior Pastor Doug Munton. O'Fallon IL is a vibrant and growing community, located 15 miles east of St. Louis and 5 miles from Scott Air Force Base. FBCO reaches into O'Fallon and the surrounding Metro East regional area, with a large percentage of the church being made up of young families with children.
The children's ministry at FBCO, called KidsLife, has a rich history of effectively engaging children in evangelism, worship, and discipleship. Each weekend, 450-500 children (birth-6th grade) connect through a Sunday morning LIFE Group. Alongside other yearly evangelistic, discipleship, and missional events, Vacation Bible School is FBCO's prime outreach event and draws nearly 1000 children and over 400 leaders in participation.
FBCO is a pastor and staff led church and is now searching for its next children's pastor. This person will report to the senior and executive pastors, and will oversee the ministry to children birth through sixth grade and will work directly with first through sixth grade. They will lead an existing team made up of an infant director, preschool director, and two full time administrative assistants, as well as an army of volunteers. They should be experienced, trained, and called to children’s ministry.
The next children's pastor at FBCO should possess the following traits…
· Strategic visionary -the ability to cast vision and inspire people about the value and importance of children's ministry.
· Skillful team builder -the ability to always be recruiting, encouraging, inspiring, and training volunteers.
· Culturally relevant innovator -the ability to see life through the lens of children and their families and stay out front through innovation and approach.
· Unflappable nature -the ability to roll with the punches and handle pressure well.
· Administratively competent -the ability to think through and manage safety, schedule programming, be a leader of leaders, access and utilize materials and resources, greet families and answer questions, follow up with new families, recruit and train volunteers, and communicate well.
· Passionate about children's ministry -the spiritual maturity required to thrive as a children's pastor comes from a consistent walk with God and overflows in the form of passion for kids, families, and volunteers.
FBCO loves its staff and sees the calling of church staff as an investment. The compensation and benefits package for the children's pastor/director position will include salary, family medical insurance, retirement, ministry related expense account, and a conference/convention allowance.
If, after reading this description, you are energized and feel led to pursue this opportunity further, please take the time to check out FBCO in greater detail on this website, then email your resume to John Howard (FBCO executive pastor) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Worship Department has a vacancy for a part time position specializing in Instrumental Music. Applicant will be responsible for the following tasks in connection to our Orchestra: rehearse instrumental music (must know how to read an Orchestration or Big Band scores), recruit new members, communicate and build team atmosphere with musicians. In addition to musical skills, this person will spend time interacting with the musicians, creating that personal bond.
Candidate will also need to be able to conduct a choir rehearsal when the Worship Pastor is gone or the choir is doing sectional work.
Arranging skills are not required, but would be a bonus. Familiarity with the online application, planningcenter, will be a huge plus.
Depending on the person, their skill set, and their availability, this will position will range from 10 hours to 20 hours per week.
Due to the skill level of our people, candidate should be at a professional or semi-professional level of ability as a musician.
Key Times for Availability: Wednesday evenings from 7-8:30pm and Sunday mornings from 7:15-10:45am.
Key Dates include Easter, Memorial Day Weekend, Fourth of July, and Christmas.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.