Bible Study & LIFE Group Teacher Resources
Check back often! We will be adding new resources as we discover them. Do you have a favorite Bible Study resource? Please share it with the Adult Ministries staff!
Bible Study Resource Links
Bible Gateway - Bible Gateway is your rich social and personal connection to freely read, research, and reference Scripture on your desktop. Its simple yet advanced searching capabilities allow you to quickly find and compare particular passages in multiple Bible translations based on the keywords, phrases, topics, or Scripture references you have in mind.
Blue Letter Bible - Blue Letter Bible provides powerful tools for an in-depth study of God’s Word through a free online reference library, with study tools that are grounded in the historical, conservative Christian faith.
Parallel Bible - This online Parallel Study Bible to allows you to study verses using more than one translation and version. This study tool can help you see how different translators have interpreted the original language.
Strong's Bible Concordance - A Bible concordance is a concordance, or verbal index, to the Bible. A simple form lists Biblical words alphabetically, with indications to enable the inquirer to find the passages of the Bible where the words occur. The Strong's Exhaustive Concordance is the most complete, easy-to-use, and understandable concordance for studying the original languages of the Bible. Combining the text of the King James Version and New American Standard Bibles with the power of the Greek and Hebrew Lexicons, any student or pastor can gain a clear understanding of the Word to enrich their study.
Interlinear Bible - The Interlinear Bible is keyed to the Greek and Hebrew text using Strong’s Concordance. Read the original and literal Greek or Hebrew text with Strong’s words using the King James Version or New American Standard. The interlinear allows for each parallel reading and lexicon study.
Robertson's Word Pictures of the New Testament - A.T. Robertson, a renowned scholar of the Greek New Testament, takes you through the New Testament, verse by verse, painting word pictures from the Greek to bring to light the words and actions of Jesus and the early Christians.
Easton's Bible Dictionary - Easton's Bible Dictionary was authored by Matthew George Easton (1823-1894).
As part of the Bible Study Tools Study Library, Easton's Bible Dictionary is linked to Torrey's New Topical Textbook, Baker's Evangelical Dictionary, Hitchcock's Bible Names, Smith's Bible Dictionary, and Nave's Topical Bible. Anytime a reference can be found in any of the other online tools a hyperlinked symbol will be placed next to the reference, allowing you to immediately jump to that resource and expand your study capabilities.
Bible Lexicons - Bible lexicons provide definitions and meaning of Biblical words found in the original New Testament Greek and Old Testament Hebrew languages of the Holy Bible. This study resource helps in understanding the origins and root meaning of the ancient language. Additional, lexicons give the context and cultural meaning intended by the authors. Using the online King James Version or New American Standard lexicon with Strong’s Concordance numbers provides a detailed understanding of the Hebrew and Greek language used in the Bible.
Lumina - An online study Bible by Bible.org
Biblical History - Study Bible history online with popular books, texts, and writings on the beginning of the early church. Information found in these resources includes chronological timelines, Biblical facts, and overviews of history of both BC (Before Christ) and AD (Anno Domini). Writings including creeds, confessions, and catechisms allow for the study of Christian doctrine, principles of faith and religious instructions. Other online historical books including Fox’s Book of Martyrs and the Works of Flavius Josephus give detailed historical accounts the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ through the beginning of the early church and Reformation.
International Standard Bible Encyclopedia - An exhaustive Biblical encyclopedia that details every significant word in the Bible. Contains articles by nearly 200 scholars about every aspect of the culture, language, people, and literature of the Bible.
Bible Weights and Measures - On the "Bible Hub" website
Bible Atlas - Online Bible maps on "Bible Hub" website
Bible Timeline - Complete Biblical timeline on the "Bible Hub" website
Sunday School Leader - The State Sunday School Directors’ Association (SSSDA) is a group of leaders from 42 Southern Baptist state conventions. The SSSDA is committed to sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ through open groups and growing spiritually through personal relationships, ministry, and the study of God’s Word. The members of this group partner to share resources and ideas to help churches have effective Sunday School classes and Small Groups that are focused on the Gospel.
Explore the Bible Teacher Resources
- LifeWay Explore the Bible Adult Helps
- Second Baptist Church, Houston, TX - Bible Study Curriculum Helps
- LifeWay Explore the Bible Extra - Adults
- Lucien Coleman Explore the Bible Teacher Lesson Notes (First Baptist Church Midland, TX) - Lucien Coleman was a professor in the Education Department at Southwestern Seminary in Fort Worth. He writes a brief lesson outline that includes short commentary and application points.
- Explore the Bible Lesson Overview - The Baptist Standard
Bible Studies for Life Teacher Resources
- Bible Studies for Life Lesson Plans Prepared by Dr. Steve Armstrong, Professor, LeTourneau University
- LifeWay Bible Studies for Life Extra - Adults - Material that will supplement your leader material with current events, illustrations, etc.
- LifeWay Bible Studies for Life - About the curriculum - LifeWay.com
- LifeWay Bible Studies for Life - 2017-2018 Bible Study Plan
- Mississippi Baptists Website - Provides an overview of each week's Bible Studies for Life lesson
MasterWork Teacher Resources
- MasterWork Formatted Lesson Plans - Suggested lesson plans that can be downloaded in Microsoft Word - These lesson plans are provided through LifeWay's MasterWork blog hosted by Word Press
- MasterWork Leader Supplement - The MasterWork Leader Supplement (ZIP file) provides commentary and selected biblical background articles to support the Bible study leader in preparing to lead a small group Bible study using MasterWork. The purchasable ($5.95) zip file includes supplemental commentary for each session and 8 to 10 archive articles from 40 years of Biblical Illustrator. (This downloadable resource costs $5.95 for a quarter's worth of material.)
- MasterWork Upcoming Studies - Upcoming studies and the books/authors they are based on - This information is provided through LifeWay's MasterWork blog hosted by Word Press
Helpful Articles For LIFE Group Leaders
How Small Is Small? -Phil Stone, State Sunday School Director of the Baptist State Convention of North Carolina